Thursday, June 18, 2015

Introductions

Hi, this is Amanda. I am the Special Services Coordinator for the Bonne Terre Memorial Library. This is the first post on this blog. We always post what is going on at the library in main section of our webpage, but this is to be a bit more personal. I would like to keep you up to date on our goings on, what's being read, and what books are being talked about.

Next week we are having a book sale! Come in and get a book or two... or a bag or two! Hardcovers are $1.00, paperbacks are 50¢ and if you like Harlequin, Silhouette or Love Inspired romance novels boy, have you come to the right place!! We have a bunch and they are ONLY 25¢. The book sale will run through Saturday the 25th, but don't wait that long. You don't want to miss out!

We also have the SRP coming up next month. If you would like to sign your kids or grand kids up to participate in the fun, come by the library. 

The buzz around here lately is the new "Grey" book by E.L. James. Everyone wants to find out what Christian's point of view on the situation is. We have it ordered and it is on the way. Call and get it reserved now! 

And what am I reading you might ask... I am currently reading Ms. Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. Why did I wait so long to read this book. It is really quite good! Suspenseful and fast paced with sci-fi time travel and a bit of history, there is some mild language in the book, but otherwise I believe otherwise this is definitely parent approved! 

As you may know, I like to read more than one book at a time. I usually have a new book, a patron recommended or popular, a teen or young adult and a pleasure read going at the same time. Ms. P fell into 2 of those categories. A young patron told me "You have to read it! It's the beast!" Now, social media and working with the public being what they are, I am usually up on current jargon, but I can only assume this meant I would enjoy the book immensely, which I am. 

I am also reading Mr. Mercedes by Stephen King. This is a bit out of the box for King, but I am digging his version of the mystery novel. It of course has King's swing on it. I would recognize his writing even if it was a cook book. Lord knows what a cook book Stephen King wrote would be like, but I digress. So far so good is all I can say about it, considering I am not even halfway through. This is my pleasure read, and when I have finished it I will start the third Deborah Harkness book in her All Souls Trilogy. It is called Book of Life. I can't wait to dig into it, and as soon as it returns I plan to do just that, even if I haven't finished Mr. Mercedes. I am a multi-tasker. I got this. This brings me to the fact that I am not currently reading a new book. I will pick up Finders Keepers after this as it is the sequel to Mr. Mercedes, and that will suffice for a new book soon enough. 

Don't forget to follow us on Facebook & Twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment